The historic Elkhorn Cabin is completely furnished and hosts up to 6 guests (dbl occ). The cabin is crafted from the hand-hewn logs of a late-1800’s homestead cabin, so the Elkhorn imparts a true pioneer spirit, yet is complete with modern-day comforts—including free wifi!
The cabin has a spacious living area, fully-furnished kitchen, 1 private bedroom (queen bed) on the first floor and a roomy loft with 2 double beds. On the main floor, there is a shower bath, which is accessed from within the private bedroom.
You’ll find a complete list of Elkhorn Cabin amenities in the Amenities section below (please scroll down).
For outdoor relaxation, the cabin features a large, covered front porch which spans the length of the cabin. There is also a covered back patio. Either spot is a great place to sit down with a good book and enjoy the music of Mother Nature playing softly in the background.
- Spacious living room furnished with sofa and chairs
- TV with DVD player
- Free movie checkout from the BOC store’s DVD library
- Corner fireplace in living area (propane variety)
- Fully-furnished kitchen with a dining table that seats 4
- Standard kitchen utensils, pots and pans, mixing bowls
- Flatware / bakeware / dishes / glasses
- Automatic-drip coffeemaker and filters
- Complimentary instant coffee (1-cup bags)
- Toaster and microwave
- Full-size fridge
- Full-size range top with oven
- Charcoal grill (please bring your own lighter fluid and charcoal)
- Dish soap, counter-top cleaner, scrub pads, paper towels
- Fully furnished bathroom with shower (access to bathroom is via private bedroom)
- Complimentary bath soap and shampoo
- 1 private bedroom on the main floor with queen bed
- Spacious loft with 2 double beds
- Spacious front porch with seating
- Back patio with seating
- Complimentary WIFI
Stay in and relax with a flatscreen smart TV with Dish Network service and a BluRay DVD player. Enjoy our large library of free DVDs available at our store during your stay.
All cabins are equipped with complimentary WiFi. Please note that WiFi is a free service and due to our secluded area, may not always be the most dependable due to circumstances beyond our control.
A cell service signal may be available at this cabin some of the time.
This cabin is a pet-free space. Please see our Pet-Friendly Cabins if you wish to bring your pet along.
Tents, RVs & Campfires:
Tents, RVs and campfires are not permitted on cabin grounds. For an RV site, please visit our RV Park page.
Smoking is not permitted inside the cabin. Please smoke outside and discard butts in the receptacle provided.
The Elkhorn Cabin is accessed via a long gravel road that, while maintained, may not be suitable for motorcycles or sports cars that need to avoid possible exterior paint damage.
Float the Buffalo
Explore the Buffalo River on one of our Floating Day Trips